So yesterday Chrissy Teigen posted on Snap Chat some videos her and John eating breakfast burritos that were sent to them as a gift. My dream life: people sending me random gifts, like breakfast burritos. When I want something, I have to have it, and I don’t live in California or a really cool city, so my kitchen is the next best thing.
I am on my third round of Weight Watchers so I mixed up the ingredients a bit to keep it healthy. If I’m not on some kind of a diet, I completely derail and turn into a monster that thinks she can drink as much beer as possible while consuming entire large pizzas. It’s not good. So I think I should just stay on the Weight Watchers program forever. I went hardcore on WW before my wedding and the results just do not compare to anything else. I recommend splitting this one with your John Legend because it’s a beastly burrito. 10 Smart Points if you’re sharing.
Things you will need:
2 frying pans, a panini press, a spatula
Large Whole Grain Tortilla
2 Strips of Bacon
1/4 yellow onion
1/2 cup Portabella Mushrooms
Fresh Salsa (I use Theresa’s)
Fat Free Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/2 Cup Arugula
1 Roma Tomato
1/4 cup green onions
CHOP UP ALL OF THE VEGETABLES BEFOREHAND. Pre-heat the panini press and set aside.
- Fry your bacon until brown, place on a plate to the side and cop of the bacon into pieces, keep the bacon grease in the frying pan.
- Place the portabella mushrooms and the chopped up onion in the bacon grease. Fry until they’re brown.
- Crack two eggs in a bowl, stir, sprinkle in the garlic salt. In a separate frying pan, fry and scramble the eggs and sprinkle the cheese over it.
- Place the tortilla on a large place. Layer accordingly: mushrooms and onions, bacon, fried eggs, tomatoes, green onion, arugula and fold in the sides and then fold in the top and bottom.
- Place carefully on the panini, as this baby could easily fall apart. While it’s on the press, wait 4 minutes for both sides to brown.
- Place the burrito on your plate, with a tablespoon of sour cream and a tablespoon of fresh salsa.